Please note the change in KPQG Open-Sew date from the usual 4th Saturday to the 3rd Saturday of the month: Since the 18th is National Sew A Jelly Roll Day, the KPQG is holding the September Saturday Open-Sew on the 3rd Saturday, the same day as the national event.
Location: Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU), 1916 East Markland Avenue, Kokomo, IN 46901
Date & Time: Saturday, September 18 , 2021, at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm | You may bring your own lunch or leave for lunch.
Cost (for use of room): $5.00
Open-Sew for Members and NonMembers: Bring your sewing machine and supplies to enjoy a day of quilting, sewing, fun and fellowship. Iron, ironing board, and cutting table provided for your convenience.
Featured Activity (optional): Jelly Roll Race
- At 10:00, you will have 15 minutes to cut off selvage edges and put your strips in the order you will sew them.
- At 10:15, the race begins!
- There are four (4) jelly rolls available for sale at $10.00/each – first come, first serve. OR you may bring your own jelly roll.
Jelly Roll Race Prizes
- A prize for: 1st quilt top completed with entire jelly roll sewing straight end-to-end of (42) 2.5″ strips.
- A prize for: 1st quilt top completed with entire jelly roll sewing either mitered end-to-end or adding fabric between strips of (42) 2.5″ strips.
- A prize for: 1st quilt top completed with an entire mini jelly roll of (20) 2.5″ strips.