KPQG SATURDAY OPEN-SEW
Good News! Indiana Wesleyan University has approved a KPQG Open-sew to be held on the premises following these guidelines due to the Covid-19 issue:
- We will need to be spaced apart.
- We cannot share snacks or food.
- Please wear masks; you will need to bring your own.
Location: Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU), 1916 East Markland Avenue, Kokomo, IN 46901
Date: Saturday, June 27, 2020 | Time: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Members & Non-members Invited: There is a $5.00 fee for the day to assist with room rental.
Open-Sew: Take your sewing machine and supplies to enjoy a day of quilting/sewing, fun and fellowship.
Future KPQG Saturday Open-Sew on August 1, 2020: KPQG member Maggie Fellow will be the teacher for an optional activity at the open-sew. She will teach how to make the quilt “Woven Checkerboard”. A picture and a supply list are here.
Sleep-In-Your-Own-Bed Quilt Retreat
WHAT: Fundraiser for IWU Adult Scholarship Fund sponsored by IWU Kokomo Education Center
WHERE: Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU), 1916 East Markland Avenue, Kokomo 46901
WHEN: Friday, July 10 & Saturday, July 11, 2020 | 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
WHO: All quilters are invited. Seating limited to 25 guests to be spaced apart.
COST: $40.00 per guest. Each guest must be registered and fee paid ahead to secure a spot.
REGISTRATION REQUIRED: You may register at the KPQG meeting on Tuesday, June 23, or at the KPQG Saturday Open-Sew on Saturday, June 27, or call Julie Huval at 765.868.7305 (IWU Office).
- A door prize for each guest.
- Bottled water, canned soda, and packaged snacks will be provided.
- Lunch is on your own. You may bring your lunch and keep it in the refrigerator or go out for lunch.
- Cutting mats, irons, and ironing boards will be provided. There will be tables located in another room to pin quilt tops.
- You are encouraged to bring and wear masks.
- IWU will provide hand sanitizer.